Friday, August 20, 2010

Why do I feel like I'm the only woman with a zero-tolerance policy towards aszhole, sexist men?

Some of the things guys say really put me off and make me really upset, although some call it ';flirting.';





I call it disrespecting women and cheating on your girlfriend...this is happened many times to me. I dress classy, I am friendly, etc...yet, some men say borderline to over the top sexually harassing comments, generally with a significant other.





Many women tend to laugh it off or even flirt back...I even overheard one laugh it off, yet complain later on to a friend about what one male said to her and how he approached her! That particular male was engaged!





Why do I feel like the only one who feels this way? I'm 25.Why do I feel like I'm the only woman with a zero-tolerance policy towards aszhole, sexist men?
I too have always had a zero-tolerance policy when it comes to AH men.





Let me start by saying that I am 36 yrs. old and have never tolerated blatant disrespect or allowed any man to treat me like his toy. In high school and in college, I was the same way. I have never put up with that!





I had and still do have, a lot of male friends who have never crossed the line with me as a result of being a strong woman who would not tolerate their garbage. Which is probably the reason why we are still friends twenty four plus years later.





Although, I have heard some of my male friends say and do things to other women that I found offensive or crude, these women casually accepted their behavior giving men the impression it was somehow acceptable. By flirting back, and engaging them, it opened the flood gates for guys to be as crude as they wanted because simply put.... they condoned it!





Any self-respecting women would never allow herself to be treated in this fashion.





Perhaps some young ladies believe that this is a guys way of flirting with them, and hence accept the level of grab a$$ games that guys play.





There are young women that would rather have any attention from guys, than none at all. They don't realize yet that they would have better relationships with men, if men actually respected them.





A mature woman who understands the value in herself does not need negative attention in any regard from any man.





They will realize as they get older and experience sexual harassment in their workplace, that it is not so funny and cute anymore. Maybe then and only then will it dawn on them that they are being treated like a sex object and being objectified by the opposite sex.





I have been married since I was your age, but even way back when grab a$$ was not considered flirting by my standards, nor was discussing a woman's breast size with her.





I don't envy anybody who is dating that's for sure!Why do I feel like I'm the only woman with a zero-tolerance policy towards aszhole, sexist men?
Your negative attitude towards men's flirting/sexual interest is thankfully not as common as it once was.





Are you aware that dressing up and wearing makeup and putting up your hair will actually encourage this behaviour?





Consider it a compliment.





If you are upset because you think the guy is ';cheating'; on somebody with their borderline racy comments just tell them that and that you are not interested and that they should consider themselves fortunate if you do not tell on them.
I have a zero tolerance policy too and by zero I actually mean zero, I don't get pissed, in fact, I don't even care. That's how zero my zero tolerance policy is.





It's very easy to shrug off men, the old, the young and the perverted. It's nothing personal. Just thank god that he's not your boyfriend and move on.
Trust me when I say you鈥檙e not the only one. I personally chose not to even waste my time with such people. I鈥檓 30, and I鈥檝e learned through out my years of living that men who speak to women in this manner or conduct themselves in this manner have very little respect for their wives, and themselves. And it鈥檚 always cool for them to do act that way towards someone else鈥檚 loved one, as long as no other man does the same thing to their mothers, daughters, female cousins, nieces, and aunts.
Different people react differently to stimuli. May be you've had bad experiences in the past and aren't convinced about therapy yet. Or you were brought up in a family where 'if the mother is angry, nobody gets away' mentality rules supreme. Or it could be plain good old victim mentality. It depends.
Why worry about it? If a dueschbag approaches you just set him straight and move on. There's no good to letting it get you upset.





As to why you feel you are the only woman who feels this way, I don't know.
So lets clarify. When you do it its classy and friendly but when a guy does it disrespectful, cheating and being a sexist asshole....
what do they say? give an example of whats over the top. whgy this is depends upon what you consider to be harassing comments.
Whatever works for you, dollface.
Do the world a favor and clone yourself, or teach classes to the younger generation... maybe there is still hope.
WE do it cuz Earth Girls are Easy!
I feel that way too. I think that men are clueless when it comes to what women want. I also believe that it has a lot to do with the women that some men deal with. Some men are use to dealing with women who don't have class or respect themselves and they assume that all women are like that.





I have an attitude with some men because of the fact that they don't know how to approach you without making it obvious that their hormones are raging. Ugh! I hate that, but since so many women live for those kind of comments from men, when they meet someone like you and I and we don't give them the response that they are use to, they think we are stuck up, when the truth of the matter is we just respect ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment