Friday, August 20, 2010

Would you care if your girlfriends was friends with your friends?

About a year ago I moved to a new place. I had a few friends in my old town but not very many.





I am the kind of person who keeps to herself and would rather just spend my time with children and animals.





Surprisingly, I was able to meet some people here. I made friends with a guy I work with and he introduced me to his friend Neil. We got along really well, and he kept flirting with me. A few dates later we started dating. The guy I work with would always talk about his friends at work and he made me realize that I wanted that. Like they each had very different personalities and they each had there own thing that they would contribute to the group, like one was fun while another was caring and kind of boring but at least he could make you happy if you were upset.





I told him I wanted to meet his friends and maybe become a part of the group- if he was okay with that. He was really happy and told me he was sure we would all get along great.





When I told my boyfriend this he told me they would all hate me and it was a bad idea- he said it just like that. He told me that there were only guy's in the group and that I would be like that girl in ';How to lose a guy in 10 days.'; I just told him I was a lot more guy like then him- which is true (he is always getting his nails, and hair done- I have never been in a beauty salon in my life)





So what should I do? Should I just the friends and see what they think? If they were just my boyfriends friends that would be a different story but they are also my friends (The one I work with) friends and I would be meeting them even if I never dated Neil.Would you care if your girlfriends was friends with your friends?
Maybe he doesn't want you to become friends because that is his thing. Could he feel like you're involved in everything in his life and is not comfortable with that? Does he show any signs of disinterest or like he is feeling smothered? Maybe he just doesn't want them to like you more, lol. Consider this, you have lunch with a few friends every friday which is your time to vent about anything including your boyfriend. It is a time where you feel like you can be yourself and not have to worry about what you say. Then he decides he wants to start going on your lunches which may change how you feel about the lunches themselves.Would you care if your girlfriends was friends with your friends?
he's scared one of his buds is gonna steal you but you'll prolly end up liking one of his friends better than him
I would think if I was with a girl who dated all my friends, that she might possibly move on to another of my friends, and that I could not trust her around other poeple at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment